Thursday, November 25, 2004

Life In Germany for an Aussie

Well peoples,

If you do not know already I have recently moved countries again. This time I managed to find my way to the 'farterland'. Well thats what they call it here.

In general moving countries is quite an eventful experience. Before I left Australia and all my friends, relatives, history and home, I felt a touch of excitement coupled with a drop of Sadness. Hey man, i felt sad, but on the other side of the coin I felt excited and really I think I would have it no other way. It is a chance, a chance to gain some valuable experience overseas. Stretching my boundaries to the absolute maximum. Something in my head told me that it might be a little hard when I first arrive in Germany because I did not speak any german, I had no accomodation sorted out and I was new in a job. But it made me feel like its another new adventure, something to be treasured and enjoyed even if times were to get tough.

Now I have managed to survive here 2.5 months and I am settling in. The first few weeks were wierd as I lived in a hostel and went to work. I lived there a grand total of three weeks while I was looking for accomodation. Man it was hard to find, I remember ringing many people and they could not speak english so I was basically stuffed. But no worries, I decided to try a new approach, the Luke approach and just chill out and have fun. Well that led top making some new friends in the hostel that were in the same position as me and we searched together to find an appartment. Eventually it worked out and we found this maaad appartment.

Now all I need is a bed, I thought, yeah i will try to be minimalistic and sleep on the floor and have no furniture. Yeah that will be cool. So for the last 2 months I have slept on the floor chilling out. Eventually I think that I better find myself a bed, but after a few more months I reakon cause someone told me that sleeping on the floor is good for your back?

Man I can't work out how I can upload my pictures for free to my blog, I have so many cool pics. If anyone reads this can they suggest where I can upload my pictures? I tried that Hello thing but it does not seem to work.


No comments: