Friday, November 26, 2004

A Story that explains my time in China

I was recently having a look through the depths of my computer and found this email. I really does explain my time that I spent in China. So many new friends and new experiences…I also managed to make it into the Chinese Newspapers with an article entitled ‘Luke Floorwalker’!! hehehehe

¶«·½Ô籨 ê°Ãù ß--------------@etang.com> wrote:


Luke Johnson£¬ÄúºÃ£¡(hello!)

¡¡¡¡hello,im glad to receive ur mail & read ur thought of china & ur experience in china. "luke floorwalker"has been printed in our oriental morning post last friday & i'll send the piece of news to ur mail this afternoon,coz i haven't go to my office. my english is poor,so maybe u could let ur chinese friends help u read that chinese article. i think u've many friends in china,what's more,u've a friend in shanghai!! it's me,haha:)
welcome u come shanghai again! wish u have a good time in china everyday! good luck!

= = = = 2004-01-03 17:34:00 ÄúÔÚÀ´ÐÅÖÐдµÀ£º= = = =
Hello Everyone,

This is the first of my emails regarding funny things in china.
If you like, you can read it.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
China is a place that helps you understand the world. Ok i went to this YHA in Shanghai and talked to Hiroshi and Takishaki, they were round jolly Japanese fellows, they drank Chinese beer and told me about the AK-47s they were firing in Cambodia 4 years ago, they couldn't hold them straight so the chickens they were trying to shoot flew off, 10USD. They were very entertaining, apparently a rocket lancher is only 200USD to shoot a cow.
They told me about what they called the 'hand bombs' (hand grenades). Hiroshi did the action and threw an imaginary 'hand bomb' , he seemed very excited.He said, "mmm a little dangerous me think"
This pair of jolly japanese fellows I found out later, had been to 35 countries. They got lost on a camel in Morrocco, with lots of water!, it was yummy water said Hiroshi.

Everywhere I walk a little dude jumps out and says Rolex, Mont Blanc Pen, DVD, today a little dude wanted to shine my shoes (they are runners) I agreed cause they looked a tad shabby, then he instantly pulled a chair out and shined them, then he wanted 50 RMB,ahhhh, rip off, I gave him 20 and ran like the wind. He yelled something, I smiled and said New Zealand in chinese.

I ran up the Oriental Pearl Tower twice and talked to CCTV and Oriental Post, halfway up whilst qualifying, I really needed a W.C cause I had drank too much chinese gatorade, and asked a little fellow who looked official and who had popped out of nowhere
"WHERE IS W.C!??" I pointed to the nether regions
'ahhhh W.C' he said

"NOOOOO" and pointed up!

There was only one way to go, up! To the finish! Ahhhh, I ran like the wind to find this sky W.C and managed to have a little lady give me a ticket all in chinese when I came to the end, it said 12 on it in arabic numerals, only later did I find out that was the finish and I had qualifed for the big run. I guess it was a great run just for the fun as all the chinese dudes running with me were helping each other and I helped them, one notable fellow was very polite and wasn't feeling too well himself, I said, don't worry superman! Too the top, lets do it! He smiled and said, Superman and we sprinted up the next flight.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Until Next time

May the Floor be with you always
Luke Floorwalker

Yahoo! Personals- New people, new possibilities. FREE for a limited time!
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡ÖÂÀñ£¡

Oriental Moning Post Maggie Zang
2004-01-04

No comments: