Wednesday, March 23, 2005

A slight Setback to being a Global Citizen

Well, this is a slightly annoying phenominen that I have been experiencing lately. I need to book a series of flights from Germany back to Australia and my travels to India, Japan and Thailand.

This requires the need of a credit card which I do not have quite yet, I thought that this would be a minor setback and I will be able to get a credit card easily seeing that I am an Engineer working here in Germany. However....after applying to Kardstat, (A major German Bank and Shopping chain) 22 days later I got a mail back asking me to come in and talk to them, show my passport (again), my work visa, my living registration documents and my salary documents. Two days later I recieved a letter in German telling me that I have failed to meet their selection criteria and I cannot apply again. They did not give me any reason at all?

So then I went online and tried applying for the Virgin Credit card in Australia. This was easy until they asked where I lived. Germany, being an Australian living in Germany I do not fit their selection criteria, however on the website I fit all other criteria including being an Australian Citizen (since birth) and a permanent resident.

Now I am thinking, holly cow dude I am living in a loophole here or something? Come on so many other people must have this problem right?

No comments: