Saturday, February 12, 2005

Ticket Inspector

Ticket Inspector
After happening to be in Prague for the weekend with my old pal Ben (who was visiting from Australia) we went to 3 Disco's within 72 hours and slept for only 10 of those. The rest of the time was spent wandering the streets of this beautiful city and admiring it's beautiful dewls.
We were standing on a platform at the metro when Ticket Inspector man sprung us! This dude came out of nowehere! He was undercover and it was 12pm on a saturday!

A short plumpish man with a smug smile on his face walked up to us, he said in a thick czech accent 'Ticket Inspector' and then showed me this cool badge that looked very official. I thought to myself "oh shit..."My ticket ran out 1 hour ago. I proceeded to fumble around in my pocket for my ticket and then I thought, mmmm the ticket is written in both Czech and English, maybee I should pretend that I don't speak english and act dumb and speak only French. Nah, it won't work, I will just try acting liek a dumb foreigner.

He looked at both of our tickets and it was plain obvious we knew that we had done something wrong. So he said, "Passports!", Ben and I reluctantly handed them over. He proceeded to write us out a ticket for 400 K. I had this strange feeling by the way he was pushing what we got for our 400 k. Like, yeah you can ride the metro for 1 whole hour! And the trams as well. It was like he was trying to sell it to us. Afterwoods, I thought it would be a great idea if I got a photo with him, (This would be great, I have done this before with some unknown security personel in China after they caught me trespassing....)

No comments: